Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandpa

The 24th of October was my dad's birthday. Since he's no longer here we let the kids write letters and send them up to him on balloons. I did not tell either of them what to write.

Catch's front...

(Catch on left, Grandpa on right.) This is funny because he remembers my dad how he looked after chemo - no hair. My entire life my dad had a full head of hair and a beard - this is the way I remember him.

The other side...


Colt's...






We also went and ate fried chicken - my dad's favorite! Colt would have made my dad proud; he sucked the chicken leg dry. We were going to take a picture of the bone, but it was lost in transition.

8 comments:

  1. I am crying. what a great way to remember your dad on his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, P.S. Callon sent 2 balloons up to Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am almost in tears. That is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea, that is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea! My family would release baloons for my brothers birthday, but we never wrote him letters. Your kids are precious and it is obvious you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THat is the SWEETEST thing!!! What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chiara--that is so sweet..I am in tears. What a wonderful way to keep your kiddos in "touch" with their precious Grandpa. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not like to cry in my office!!!! That is so special, I love that idea.

    ReplyDelete